Updated July 3rd, 2020
At this time all five of our farmers’ markets are OPEN. This includes the Felton, Downtown Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Westside Santa Cruz and Live Oak markets. The Downtown Santa Cruz Market continues to offer the Market Match Double-Up Program week to week while funds last thanks to a grant from the City of Santa Cruz – likely through the summer months into the fall.
All markets offer a Senior and Chef ONLY Shopping Period the 30 minutes prior to standard market hours:
Felton Market: 12:30-1pm Tuesdays
Downtown Market: 12:30-1:00pm Wednesdays
Scotts Valley Market: 8:30-9am Saturdays
Westside Market: 8:30-9:00am Saturdays
Live Oak: 8:30-9:00am Sundays
Certified farmers’ markets are considered essential food outlets and fall under the same category as grocery stores in the official ORDER by Santa Cruz County instated on March 31st and extended on April 30th in response to continued concerns regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
The health and wellness of the markets, farmers and the community at large are of the utmost importance to us. We have implemented policies at our markets that provide for a safe experience including mitigating cross-contamination risks. Market managers will be diligent in checking that all vendors adhere to health and safety standards.
It is important that markets remain open to provide a channel for customers to access fresh healthy food needed for a healthy immune system, and a safe, healthy avenue for vendors to sell their wares. We are fortunate in that the market benefits from sunlight’s natural disinfectant powers and an open-air, low risk environment. We will continue to update you as we pay close attention to the changing landscape and respond appropriately with community health in mind. We ask for your support as we implement the following changes:
- All vendors must use face coverings/masks.
- All vendors are required to have hand-washing stations and to wash hands frequently.
- All sampling of fruits, vegetables and other foods is suspended.
- No seating or tables are offered.
- No bike valet offered.
- The music area and kids zone are suspended.
- Additional hand washing stations are provided at each market.
- Market staff are implementing visual guides and infrastructure for physical distancing and will be enforcing these regulations among vendors and shoppers.
- Please stay home if you aren’t feeling well.
- Customers must wear a face covering/mask at the markets. This is a County of Santa Cruz ORDER and is also required by the State.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth (especially after handling money).
- Practice physical distancing of six feet from any other person in the market space – respect the infrastructure we have created.
- Only touch what you purchase.
- Wash your hands often and for a minimum of 20 seconds. Wash often and ALWAYS before touching your face.
Our farmers’ markets are a pivotal part of maintaining access to fresh food within our community’s food system and are more important now than ever. Your support and compliance with health protocol is so important and we thank you for all of your efforts.