Wasabi Crab Cakes
- 8 oz picked, cooked Dungeness crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon fine unseasoned bread crumbs
Contributed by: Maggie
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate mix for 1 hour. In separate bowls: Mix 1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper to taste (set aside). Beat 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water (set aside). Mix 1/2 cup bread crumbs with 1/4 cup sesame seeds (set aside).
- Roll rounded tablespoons of crab mixture in seasoned flour, dip in egg/water, and roll in breadcrumb/sesame mix. Pan sauté crab cakes in peanut oil until lightly golden on both sides. Allow cakes to cool and freeze for use up to 6 weeks if desired. When ready to cook, these cakes can be put straight into the oven frozen.
- Bake crab cakes (frozen or not) in 425° oven for 14 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary so check cakes around 7-10 minutes. Serve crab cakes with wasabi mayonnaise. (2-4 teaspoons wasabi / 1/2 cup mayonnaise depending on taste)
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas