Rice and Turnip Soup
- 1 lb turnips, trimmed and peeled
- 4tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 handfuls arborio rice
- 8 cups light chicken or veggie stock
- 6 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Contributed by: Lorenza De'Medici
Source: 'A Passion for Vegetables'
- Wash and slice the turnips then dice them into tiny cubes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the rice and cook, stirring continuously, for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the chicken or veggie stock to boiling point.
- Add the turnips to the rice, stir to blend the flavors, then add the boiling stock and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pour into a soup tureen.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas