Raspberry Evening Spritzer
- 1 cup purified water
- 6 oz raspberries
- 1 tsp herbal or black tea leaves
- 1 cup honey
- 1 small orange, washed and thinly sliced
- 8 cups chilled seltzer water
This simple blend of fruit, natural sweeteners, tea, and seltzer water is an ideal afternoon or evening drink for a casual gathering with friends or an afternoon surprise during the workweek.
Contributed by: Rosie Daley
Source: 'The Healthy Kitchen'
Makes 8 spritzers
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and drop in the raspberries. Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the tea into the pan. Cover and let steep for 2 minutes.
- Strain the warm liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepan using the back of a large spoon to break up the pulp of the berries and push the liquid through.
- Add the honey, stir for about 2 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Place 1 orange slice at the bottom of 8 tall glasses,
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the chilled raspberry syrup and 1 cup of cold seltzer water into each glass.
- Stir, add ice and serve immediately.
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas