Mushroom Toast Appetizer
- 12 slices baguette, cut on bias in 1/2-inch thick pieces, toasted
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 lb (s) Royal Trumpet mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs sour cream
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil.
- When hot, add shallots and onion. When translucent and beginning to brown, add mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have wilted, about 3-4 minutes, add the salt and pepper to taste. Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Take off the heat and put a generous spread on each toast. Serve immediately. Serves 4.