Ground Yourself- Soup
- 4-6 cups filtered water ( or bone broth for additional minerals)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, russet, sweet, japanese- any kind you like
- 1 or 2 parsnips
- 1 turnip
- Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt, pepper and herbs of your choice ( I especially like rosemary and thyme)
I make this soup whenever things in life get wild and crazy, when I feel like my head is off in the clouds and my feet haven’t touched the ground in days. Choose any downward-growing vegetables, pair with a whole grain bread and eat slowly. Preferably while sitting on the earth.
Contributed by: Santa Cruz community member, Tori Dillon
- Boil water (or broth) gently in a large stove top pot with lid.
- Add onions, garlic, sea salt and half of the herbs.
- Chop all other vegetables to bite size and add to pot.
- Add the rest of the herbs, and a splash or two of apple cider vinegar.
- Cover and simmer 15-25 minutes, until vegetables are soft and to your liking.
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas