Fresh Fava Bean Crostini
- ½ pound fresh fava beans (smallest available)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano cheese
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- ½ cup roughly chopped dill
- ¼ cup roughly chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 (1inch by 3 inch) pieces of crostini
- ½ cup burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup pea shoots
Contributed by: Hoss Zaré, Zaré at Fly Trap
Makes 8 crostini
- Shell fava beans by opening the pods and remove the beans. Blanched the beans in salted boiling water, and then chill in an ice bath. Then shell the beans again to get to the inner most part.
- Combine the fava beans, Parmigiano, olive oil, cumin, five spice powder, dill, mint and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Top the crostini with the fava bean mixture and burrata cheese. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with pea shoots.