- 1 red onion
- 3 lbs diced zucchini
- 5 cups corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- tbs toasted cumin
- tbsp coriander
- 1 cup raisins (soak in hot water 5-10 min)
- corn tortillas, flash fried.
- green tomatillo salsa verde (recipe below)
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1 whole jalapeno
- crème fraîche
- half bunch cilantro
- salt and peper
While working for a small, private elementary school Rene developed this recipe for the young vegetarians. It was a hit! The kids loved to eat their veggies when prepared in this way.
Contributed by: Local chef, Rene Martinez
Makes roughly 20 enchiladas
PreparationFor salsa verde:
- Simmer tomatillos and jalapeno in water for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 25% of the water and place in blender
- Add 1 tablespoon crème fraîche, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Sauté zucchini, corn and onion until onions are translucent and zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and cool
- Add diced jalapeno, cumin, coriander and salt.
- Make sure this mixture is completely cool before adding goat cheese and cheddar cheese.
- While waiting for the vegetables to cool, fry the corn tortillas in an inch or two of oil. Using tongs, just a few seconds on each side.
- Drain raisins and add to vegetable mixture.
- Oil a large cookie sheet or glass baking dish. Fill each tortilla with the mixture and gently place, snugly into the dish.
- Top the dish of enchiladas with any remaining vegetable mixture and tomatillo salsa.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and crumbled crème fraîche.
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas