- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sweet red wine
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cups toasted walnut halves, finely chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut into a small dice (tart apples varieties work best)
Contributed by: Evan Bloom, Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen
- In a small bowl, whisk the cinnamon, sugar, zest, salt, and wine together to combine. Add the raisins and let macerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts to the raisin mixture. Let the ingredients sit for 30 minutes before serving in a bowl or on top of matzo.
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas