California Stir Fry
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1bunch bok-choy
- 1 bunch Tokyo Turnips -Dirty Girl
- Cooking oil- Peanut/safflower/sesame
- Garlic- 3-6 cloves
- Ginger- 3 tablespoons or to taste
- 1 large yellow onion
- Swiss or rainbow chard
- 1-2 bell peppers, yellow, orange or red
- Smooth peanut butter
- Chili sauce
- Organic Soy Sauce
- Massa Organic Brown Rice
- Skirt Steak or vegetarian alternative- Tofu, edamame, etc.
- Crushed cashews or other nut.
This dish is inspired by the flavors of thailand and the freshness of California local produce. I prefer to use all local and organic ingredients, the only thing imported is the chili sauce.
Contributed by: Joe Krammer- Dirty Girl Produce
- Prepare brown rice.
- Chop garlic and ginger and set aside.
- Prepare the marinade by adding 1tbsp each of ginger root and garlic to 1-2 cups of soy sauce.
- Cut skirt steak into thin strips, pour marinade over steak and let sit for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Chop bok-choy (leaves only) carrots and scallions -keep all these fresh. Chop chard and bell peppers, set aside.
- Chop onions, broccoli and turnips-sautee in peanut oil over medium heat until tender. Stir continuously for 5-10minutes. Add Skirt Steak.
- Once the broccoli is halfway cooked, add chard, bell peppers, 1/2 tbsp each of garlic and ginger. Stir until mostly cooked.
- Add peanut butter, and soy sauce- stir until completely blended, cooking over low/medium heat.
- Serve over rice, garnish with fresh cilantro, carrots, bok-choy and scallions.
- Sprinkle with crushed cashews or other nuts. Enjoy!
Blackberry Gin Fizz
Blood Orange Margaritas